Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pre-Training

Being up in the "frozen tundra" of Minnesota, it can make for a tough training experience for many.  For me, it doesn't really matter.  During the colder temps, you'll find me in the fitness center located in Mahnomen.  There's mixed reviews about running on a treadmill, but I take it for what it's worth.  In fact, for one of the workouts I do, it works wonders and forces me to do to right.  You're forced to go the speed of the track on the treadmill, so for the sprints, it will definitely get your body going.
A friend of mine, Dan Clark, better known to many as 'Nitro' from American Gladiators...told me about a work out program that does wonders for your cardio, increases HGH and gives you better confidence in your ability to perform tempo/pace running along with the longer runs throughout your training.  It's call the sprint eight - a workout that is so good, I've decided to incorporate it into my training this year, two out of the four days I run.  One day of cross training will be mixed into this year's training program, along with two days of rest. 
I'm in what my running coach would call 'pre-training'...doing miscellanious workouts to stay in shape.  The actual training program will start sometime in January this year.  2011 is going to be a fun year!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy 'pre-training' season, it allows us to mix it up a bit more.
    Lots of new snow! Back on the treadmill, at least until the roads clear.

    ReplyDelete