Thursday, November 18, 2010

First blog

I'd like to thank the Scheels Fargo Marathon for asking me to be part of this.  It's definitely an honor and will be fun to keep you updated on my progress throughout the training process getting set for not only the Fargo Marathon 2011 - but the other runs that will follow as well. 
I run in memory of my good friend Corey Rystad who was killed in Iraq back on 12/2/2006 - while I run, I carry an American flag.  It represents him and all of the fallen soldiers who lost their lives to keep this country free.  Philco's 4:13 will start in Fargo, ND this year and proceed into Duluth, MN - Marquette, MI and Salem, Mass. this year!  We're looking forward to the opportunity to meet many more great people and hear their stories about why they're running, or at the race as a spectator!   The 4:13 is this....Corey's # in high school hockey was 4, my # in high school basketball was 13.  Each year, I participate in four 13(.1) mile races in his honor.  Along with that, I'll participate in others that we're invited to whether it'd be a 5K, 10K, relay or what have you.  Since 2007, I've participated in over 25 events ranging from those race sizes, including 10 half marathons, one full marathon and a 20-mile (80-lap) run around the track in Mahnomen, MN aligned with the Relay for Life, all while carrying the red, white and blue. 
Stay updated with progress stories for not only physical training, but the mental aspect of it to!  My football coach Les Drechel always said, "Everything you do is 90% mental, 10% physical...just tell your body what to do, as long as you believe it, you'll do it!"   
I hope to see you at the Fargo Marathon on May 21st, 2011!!  Let's rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment